I have created this page to inspire organizations and to share different simple (or some a bit complicated) ideas how to create Workplace Happiness:
- Give your employees good coffee or tea, according to this study it will make them happy.
- Surprise your people, do unexpected at different touch points when hiring, onboarding, engaging or saying farewell. Small rewards and surprises matter when creating great employee experience and workplace happiness!
- Hire for attitude. Studies confirm that our coworkers influence us more than we think. You can read more here.
- Create a diverse workplace, you can read more here.
- Respect your people. Treat your people fairly, treat them as equal partners, not as tools. You can read more here.
- Listen to your people. We listen what our customers are saying, we are following keenly what our competitors are doing and benchmarking ourselves against to other employers. But it is time to find out what our own people want. You can read more here.
- Empower your people. Most people appreciate it when you trust them. You can read more here.
- Encourage workplace friendships! Studies confirm that having a best friend at work makes Employees more engaged, happy and productive. You can read more here.
- Give feedback. Notice your employees say ’thank you’ to them! You can read more here or here.
- Help to find a sense of purpose to create workplace happiness. You can read more here.
- Create customer feedback program where they can recognize and praise your service employees you can read more here.
- Create a peer to peer recognition program so that colleagues can give feedback and praise each other for the good job done. You can read more here.
- Mens sana in corpore sano. Want to have happy and healthy employees? Start with a Workplace Wellness Program. You can read more here.
- Workspace matters a lot when talking about Workplace Happiness. You can read more here.
- Offer modern work environment, starting from a functional desk, comfortable chair, temperature control, etc. You can read more here.
- Promote flexible working to attract and engage loyal and productive employees. You can read more here.
- Different generations want different things, make sure you know what they want. You can read more about GenY expectations in here.
- Meetings are important. The purpose of the meeting is as important as how you conduct your meetings. Make sure you do not make your people unhappy with too many meetings. Read about meetings in here.
To be continued…